Saturday, August 14, 2010

To Infinity...and Beyond!!

A couple of weeks ago we met one of my best friends and her kiddos, Eli and Journey, at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum. Eli is Tytus and Beau's BEST friend and they always have a blast together! I had been wanting to take the boys to the TASM all summer and I am so glad we finally made it the trip. We checked out some books at the library about aircraft before going, so it was great for them to get to see (and climb into) some of the things they had read about. Here's a little visual of our day...


They thought is was pretty cool getting to see the mini-shuttle blast off!!



I think Cash had a good time too...I mean, he didn't say it in those words, but he was a really good boy all morning!

Astronaut Beau


I cracked up when I saw this antique gas pump...I though it was ironic and timely considering the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.


Not sure what type of spacecraft this is, but the boys are having fun "flying" it!



Astronaut Tytus



Maverick and Goose!



Astronaut Eli


Jade and Eli on the...well, I don't know what it's called, but it's some kind of a fighter plane simulator.
We had a really great time and all the kids did really well. I highly recommend the TASM for a little field trip. They have a planetarium with shows scheduled throughout the day, but we chose not to attend with having five kids four and under with in tow! Also there is a really awesome playground area with shaded picnic tables where you can watch the planes take off the runway!! We had a little snack and let the boys burn off some energy before going home for naps. We will definitely be going back sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment