Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of Pre-K

Well, it has officially begun...my children are moving out! One by one they will leave me and never turn back...at least that's how it feels!

Okay, maybe it's not that dramatic, but Tytus did start Pre-K! And he LOVES it! And it is EVERY DAY. Granted it is only half a day, which is really only 2.5 hours, but it is the real deal...SCHOOL...the beginning of him spreading his little wings and flying away from this momma bird! Or more importantly gaining independence, growing in knowledge, gathering valuable social and life skills (all of which is only translates to me as "leaving his mother and never turning back!)

Such a handsome little WILDCAT! And he is doing so well. No crying and hanging onto my leg, No begging me not leave, No "but I think I'm going to start missing you"! He could have at lease shed a few tears the first couple of days!!


I really am so proud of him. He had a bit of a rough time ending preschool last spring when we were moving and Daddy was gone a lot. He's like a new kid and his teacher has already fallen in love with him (her words, not mine)!

I am pretty fond of the whole 'pick-up' system. In fact I LOVE anything that accomplishes a task WITHOUT me unloading and loading The Gang!
He has been so happy to go to school and come home everyday. I do miss him, even though it isn't a very long time that he is gone, but things just don't seem right when one of the boys is not with us! And Beau is so happy to see Tytus when we pick him up...I know he misses him too!
Anyway, my firstborn is officially in school! I can already tell this adventure we are on has just gotten a little more adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment