Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Legacy (Times Eleven)

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, we were able to get together with some of my cousins and their children out at Grandmother and Granddad's house. My grandfather's grandfather, Louis Neopolean Crusha, homesteaded just over the hill from where my grandparents still live today. The land has been in our family for well over 100 years and their home is where we all gather for holidays or anytime any of us return 'home' for a visit. It isn't ofter that all of the great grandchildren are all together in the same place and everyone is awake and accounted for. So, we decided to take this opportunity to take a picture of all eleven great grandchildren with my grandparents, Silvia Darlyne Coatney Seal and Dennis Edward Seal (Cash's namesake). It was quite an accomplishment getting them all to stand in the same vicinity long enough to snap a few photos. The first picture is not too terrible...almost everyone is almost looking toward the camera!! The third picture is definitely my favorite...Tytus is staring at all the others, Cash is crying, Paisley has her finger in her nose, Montana and Trinity are posing nicely, Embassy is loving being held by Granddad, Beau is also staring into space, Parker is DONE, and Koleman and Paxton are about to drop Priscilla!!! I love it! Now that is making memories! I am so thankful for the time I get to spend with family. I grew up seeing some of my cousins everyday and we have so many great memories. I wish that we lived closer and my children were getting to grow up with their cousins, but for now I will have to settle for seeing them at holidays and special trips. It means so much to me when we all get together...I would not trade anything for the time that my children get to spend with my grandparents.


No comments:

Post a Comment