Monday, June 14, 2010

The Seven Year Itch

I've heard people say that couples often go through a difficult time around seven years of marriage..."the seven year itch". Young children, demanding careers, busy schedules...people get bored and begin to drift apart. I can see how it would be so easy to get caught up in LIFE...and the truth is LIFE IS HARD (a lot of the time). Raising kids is hard, climbing the ladder at work is hard, providing for and taking care of a family is hard, and finding time to have a one-on-one conversation with a spouse is hard (especially one without children interrupting or climbing all over one or both of you!)

This is the stage of life we are in...and on top of the three kids four years old and under, the pressures from Brock's job, the stress of running a household, we decided to throw in MOVING (to another state), BUYING LAND, BUILDING!!

So, "the seven year itch???" YES...(in a good way!) I've never had more of an itch to spend quality time with Brock, to do fun things with him (and with him and the boys), to do my best to make this little family run smoothly, and to show him the amount of love and respect I have for him. Now I can't speak for Brock, but I KNOW how he feels about me!

We've been through a lot together in the last seven years...we've had wonderful times, sad times, fun times and challenging times...I look forward to the next seventy!!

HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY B.

No comments:

Post a Comment