Tuesday, February 16, 2010

100 Days of Prayer

Yesterday I started a new devotional titled "100 Days of Prayer for Women." Today's focus was on priorities and the importance of keeping God FIRST in my life. I thought the content was quite timely with it being just a couple of days following Valentine's Day. Here is a quote and scripture that spoke to me most...

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased." -C.S. Lewis

"And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment, so that you can determine what really matters and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ."


(*In my prayers for Brock each day I sometimes read along in Stormie Omartian's "The Power of a Praying Wife. On this day, Feb. 16th I read chapter 16- His Priorities. Isn't God clever...to coincide my study and prayer for myself along with my prayers for my husband!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment