Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bring Us Some Summer!!

I will be the first to admit that the snow has been beautiful AND we have had lots of fun playing in it. However, we could use a little sunshine! Now, so far this week that hasn't really happened, so we decided to settle on a summertime treat!!

This is the really great blender that Brock got me for Christmas. It does all kinds of fancy stuff (as least that's what the manual says, all I have made is smoothies!)

This is the really handy (and really old) popsicle mold that I found in the back of my cabinet during one of my "I got sidetracked from my daily chores and started organizing the cabinet instead of loading the dishwasher" episodes!


So, I decided to put the two together and make some very yummy (and healthy) treats that would remind me of the days ahead when I am relaxing by the pool in the hot sun! (oh wait, that doesn't really happen when you have young children!)

The boys thought it was pretty cool and they were a big help as always. They had a little trouble with the 'waiting on them to freeze' part...but I think they thought they were worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment