Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jeepin'

Since moving into the rental, many of our things went into storage (otherwise known as one of the barns at Brock's parents' house!). One of those items is the Jeep.

Now it's kind of an unspoken rule at any of the Eubanks' households that if you leave your vehicle there, whether it be a truck, car, four wheeler, Mule, horse!, etc., it is most likely going to get driven! That was the case with the Jeep this summer. When the weather was just right for jeepin', Brock's brother Craig (with permission) took her top off and took her for a ride!! (whoa, that did come out exactly how I planned in my head..hehe) Let me rephrase...he took the hard top off of the Jeep and drove her to and fro.

Which leads me to a few weeks ago...Let me set the scene...

It was a beautiful almost fall day...one of those days in September when a bit of cooler weather finally begins to give us a break from the summer heat. After attending Cowboy Church we arrive Craig's house, when coincidentally the Jeep is now parked, with her top still off (crazy girl!). Brock rushes inside to change out of his church clothes and throw on something a little better suited for getting muddy. And before I could ask, "What do ya want for lunch?" those boys (Brock and Craig, not the little boys) where off in that Jeep leaving me with all the kiddos!!

Okay so maybe that's a little dramatic, but it's my story!

Anyway, if it wasn't for the fact that we were having a surprise birthday party for this mom (more on that soon) which included hamburgers and cake, the man might not have left the seat of that Jeep all day long!! And I can't say I blame him. It was a B-E-A-UTIFUL day and he hadn't seen her in quite a while!

He did however get the chance to do some jeepin' with Pawpaw Ty. And that's when I stopped everything and snapped this picture...



Those cowboys were having so much fun, I think they even snuck off and took another ride later that day!

This photo is now one of my favorite candid shots. It's one of those shots that makes me wish I had a fancy camera that I could do all kinds of fancy zooming and editing. More importantly, this is one of those pictures that makes me realize how much I love my family. This photo will forever be embedded in my mind and my heart. When I think of it (and I have often over the past few weeks) I am reminded of this...

I love both of these men.

I love how much Pawpaw Ty loves my husband.

I am thankful that we live close to him and that he is healthy and active at nearly 87 years young.

I miss my Grandpa Hoot and sometimes wish so badly that he could have lived long enough to know Brock and love him too, they would have had so much in common.

I cherish each time I get to see my Granddad Dennis and I KNOW he loves me and Brock. The last strong, clear words he spoke to us were just that, "I love you".

I wouldn't trade anything for that moment when Pawpaw Ty tipped his hat to me and rode off for a joyride!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Wish I could have been there to snap that pic for you! :)

    ReplyDelete